- 3-4 plantains (Kerala bananas)
- ½ cup fresh grated coconut (if you are using frozen, just roast it so that the moisture goes off)
- butter – 2 Tbs.
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Wash and remove both tips.
- Boil with skin on (Pressure cook with say ½ cup water for 3-4 plantains – cooks really fast so 1-2 whistles are enough)
- Remove the skin and mash (you can remove the black seeds in the middle if you want to )
- Sauté on low heat with butter/ ghee and add cardamom.
- While it’s still warm, make them into balls and roll them in coconut. Enjoy :-)